Monday, August 18, 2014

Destination...Shopper's Drug Mart

First, let me acknowledge that today is the 2nd wedding anniversary to my second son Randy and his beautiful wife Danielle. Love them both greatly!

Alrighty then...I live in a pretty secluded (kinda sorta) forested area by Kempenfelt Bay in Barrie, On.  My walks usually involve windy roads with some minor elevations in my neighbourhood. Today I decided to set out of these boundaries and head towards a Shopper's Drug Mart on a major road called Big Bay Point. I did not know the distance and so neither did I know how long it would take me.

It was much shorter distance and time than I had anticipated. However, I totally lost myself in the walk imagining myself on a Camino path.

One of the highlights was walking past a horse farm. I stopped of course and took a picture and gave thanks for the blessing.

You will notice from the photo included that I am wearing Vibram Five Fingers shoes. I am in love with these. Bought a couple of pairs since last summer and if I am walking (unless it is in dead of winter) or kayaking I am wearing my Vibrams. My plan is to walk the Camino in these - they are light, comfy and I could not feel more secure in my footing than in these. Enough said! Before I leave for the Camino, I will contact Vibram and see if they won't let me have a pair to test on the Way!

Again, I was surprised at the distance and time - my walks are usually 1 or two hours. I was hoping to increase that time by going in that direction. In the end, my distance was 10.71 km, 2 hours 3 mins and my pace, consistent, at 11:31/km

Till soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment