Sunday, August 17, 2014

Getting back in the groove...

Today, Sunday, I set off to get back on track in preparation to next year's goal of walking the Camino.

Not sure about anyone else, but for some reason, if I am doing something and keep doing that something without interruption, then doing that something will continue.
For example: if I start reading a book and I read that book daily until it is completed, that book gets read!
However, god forbid I get sidetracked for a day or two or more where I do not sit and read that book...it [the book] could potentially be put back on the bookshelf not fully read.
And so it goes for everything else like knitting, painting, meditation or say "walking" haha

And so, today is the first day of the rest of my life...oooops haha see sidetracked with that quote!
Seriously, today I walked for 1 hour 12 minutes and 45 seconds and covered 6.292 kilometres (a pace of 11:34/km.
Considering each stage of the Camino requires a walk of 25-28km per day, I know that at this pace (which I like) I will be walking at least 5-6 hours per day.

Stage 1(of 33 stages/790 km) of the Camino Francés [The Way of St James], begins in Saint Jean Pied de Port, France to Roncesvalles, Spain. This is the "Route de Napoléon" - the recommended route. Not for the faint of heart however as the first day will take me over the Pyrenees Mountain - an ascent of 1,390m.

 - John Brierley, A Practical & Mystical Manual for the Modern Day Pilgrim
             www.caminoguides.com

 - John Brierley, A Practical & Mystical Manual for the Modern Day Pilgrim
            www.caminoguides.com

The above photos are examples of the stages as per John Brierley's guide. The guide then proceeds to describe the route section by section...I feel like I am there and well wish I was!

Till soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment