Monday, August 25, 2014

Lake of Two Rivers

Went camping this past weekend with my husband John, my oldest son William, his wife Serena and their two beautiful children and therefore our grandchildren - as well as two little dogs, Pumpkin and Latte at Algonquin Provincial Park's Lake of Tow Rivers Campsite.

We had loads of fun. Our first day was iffy in the sense that rain came and went throughout the day and yet a little sunshine came through the trees while we set up our tents, dining area etc.. We even celebrated our grandson's 7th birthday. Papa and Dad took him away from the site so we [mom, nana and big sister] could decorate - the surprised look on his face was priceless!

In this photo we are enjoying campfire cooked steak and potatoes!



Not forgetting that this blog is about the preparation for the Camino, I made sure that while there to trek a little.

We went for a sweet little hike on Two Rivers Trail = 2.3-kilometre loop through a young Algonquin forest that lead to a cliff top overlooking the North Madawaska River. This was just the right distance with kids and two little dogs. The highest elevation was about 425-30 metres. I would have like to have done more, however, with bear sightings confirmed that weekend...I was not about to venture out on my own.

I particularly love the photo above left because of the tree root system. I love family. I believe that a well rooted family can be the best support system for its members through anything! These roots shown here are determined to keep that tree alive and a rock face did not deter them from taking hold and supporting that tree!

All in all, in those 3 days of camping, I managed to walk 20 miles or 32.2-kilometres. I'll take it!

Till soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment