Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Feeling playful...

Reading pretty much all there is to read on the Camino de Santiago, I have come to learn (so far) that preparation for this journey is not only a physical one. One must prepare mentally and spiritually. Regardless of the initial intent on the journey.
And so, being one to heed to good advice, I signed up a few days ago for the 21-Day Meditation Experience with Oprah and Deepak Chopra. Day 5's centering thought was "Feeling Playful". That is how I felt on my walk today as I continued to remind myself that my true nature is to be playful. I did this by repeating silently to myself, "I am playful" :)

On this playful walk today I strolled to the lake and admired the view. I decided to take my poles with me...they are recommended by some and I always used them in the winter. However, today I found them to be annoying. I chose to make the most of it and continued on my way whispering, "I am playful" haha it actually worked!

About 1 hour into my walk, along busy paved roads with no relief from the sun or traffic, I came upon a great little dirt road that soothed my soul - even if it was for only 20 minutes. I will have to find trails in the area because I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet yet aware that the air was filled with the sound of birds and squirrels!

Once I got home, I did what I know would never happen on the Camino, I sat in the hot tub! Yes, it was majestic!

Today's stats: 2 hours 15 minutes, 12.1 km at a pace of 11:13/km

Till soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment