Sunday, April 19, 2015

22 km :)

What a great day!

Sometimes it is very hard to motivate myself to walk long distances because there is always a nagging "something to do..." let's leave it at that.

Yesterday, I walked 11.87km in 2 hours 25 minutes. I could have gone longer yet I had completed the trail both ways so returned home.

Today, I set out to walk to a destination following a neighbourhood road until I had at least done 10km one way and this meant I would break the total 12-15km barrier. I did better than that...by the time I got home, I had completed 22.1km in 4 hours 27 minutes at a 11 min 15 sec per km pace [the 12:07 pace shown in photo considers the stops I made]. Very happy about that.

I actually decided to walk it as if I was on the Camino. I took an extra pair of socks, water, and at the half way mark I stopped for lunch [pizza], took care of my feet, and proceeded to return home.


The only thing I find a little discouraging, is always having to walk the same path back to my home or my car. I think that walking only one way on the Camino will be more satisfying!

Till next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment