Monday, April 20, 2015

Buen Camino my Friend - Poem by Gwen Davis-Feldman 2015

Found this poem on the forum Camino de Santiago UK - written by Gwen and dedicated to a fellow pilgrim. I fell in love with it. However, she wrote it in the third person and I decided to make it personal and will meditate on it before, during and reflect on it after my pilgrimage!

May the road rise up to meet me
As I travel on THE WAY
May the music in my heart
Untangle the worries of my day

May old dreams be tossed
Upon that pyre of strife
May personal manifestos of peace
Descend to take on life

And when the night closes in
Anxiety and bliss compete
Remember growth is hard
Some truths come incomplete

In the meantime:

May I step easy o'er the rocks
That appear on THE WAY to defy
Keep in mind my destination
To reach that far-rimmed sky

And, to paraphrase a line from the movie "The Wild",

"May I re-discover and be my best self"

Till soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment