Friday, April 17, 2015

Guardian Bead!


Today, April 17th, 2015. I truly hope my blogging is more consistent from now on.
I will begin my walk in exactly 30 days. I fly out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the 14th of May arriving in St. Jean Pied de Port, France on the 15th. I chose to take the following day as a day to compose myself, take in the surroundings and prepare myself mentally and spiritually for the journey ahead. I will begin my walk/camino on the 17th, at the foot of the Pyrenees Mountain, the excitement that wells up within me is truly exceptional.

Two people whom I admire greatly dropped by to see me today to wish me well and to present me with the most wonderful gift - a beautiful little bead, they picked up in Bisbee, AZ [knowing that they thought of me during their travel, well, simply overwhelms me] designed by a woman named Kate Drew-Wilkinson - "Kate's lively lamp work beads are made predominantly with recycled stained glass which lend very nicely to the flowing, organic, nature-inspired designs that she loves"- she called this one 'the Walk' so appropriate! They gave it to me to take with me while I walk - to attach it to my backpack - a 'guardian bead' - not unlike the 'guardian bell' one attaches to one's motorcycle [we are riding buddies so I get it :) ]. Incredibly thoughtful. I am very grateful indeed! Thank you Brian and Penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment